LONDON NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL ENTERPRISES TRUST
Address: 35 Powis Square, London W11 2AY
Email: [email protected] ; [email protected];
Travel to and from Notting Hill on Carnival weekend will be restricted and heavily congested, so work out your best route by using our journey planner.
Consider making an early or late entrance to the carnival to avoid congestion.
Due to expected high passenger demand at stations close to the Carnival, some stations may close temporarily to prevent overcrowding. It may be worthwhile waiting until the station reopens instead of going to a different station. Some stations close to the Carnival will be closed or will be exit only, as follows:
- Ladbroke Grove: closed on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Latimer Road: closed after 23:30 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Notting Hill Gate: on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, the station will be exit-only between 11:00 and 19:00 and the Circle/District lines will not stop
- Westbourne Park: exit-only between 11:00 – 18:00 and closed at 23:30 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Royal Oak: exit-only after 11:00 and closed at 18:00 on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
- Bayswater: on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday between 11:00 – 19:00, you may want to use this station as Notting Hill Gate will be exit only and Circle/District line trains will not stop there
- Paddington (Hammersmith and City and Circle lines): on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday you may want to use this station instead of Notting Hill Gate or Royal Oak, as both these stations will have entry restrictions.
- Other nearby stations: High Street Kensington (Circle and District lines), Holland Park (Central line), Queen’s Park (Bakerloo line) and Shepherd’s Bush (Central line).
From around 05:00 on Sunday – 05:00 on Tuesday, buses around the event area will be on diversion or will terminate earlier than usual to avoid the road closures.
During these times, buses will start from the Prince of Wales on Harrow Road to the north of the carnival area. To the south of the carnival area, buses will start from Notting Hill Gate.
Affected bus routes include: 6, 7, 16, 18, 23, 27, 28, 31, 36, 46, 52, 70, 94, 98, 148,187, 220, 228, 274, 295, 316, 328, 332, 390, 414, 452, N7, N16, N18, N28, N31 N98 and N207.
- Extra buses will run on routes 2, 205, 436 which can be found on journey planner as 2X, 205X and 436X
- There will be extra day and night buses serving the Notting Hill Carnival, but buses in west London are expected to be busier than usual, so allow plenty of time for your journey
The nearest London Overground stations are Willesden Junction, Kensal Rise, Queen’s Park and Shepherd’s Bush. All good services will be in operation on all routes.
SANTANDER CYCLE HIRE
The following docking stations will be suspended from 21:00 on Saturday until 07:00 on Tuesday
- All Saints Road
- All Saints Church Portobello
- Blenheim Crescent
- Chepstow Villas
- Gloucester Terrace
- Hereford Road
- Lansdowne Walk
- Ladbroke Grove Central
- Notting Hill Gate Station
- Pembridge Villas
- St Marks Road
- Turquoise Island
- Westbourne Park Road
- Westbourne Park Road
Although all other docking stations will remain available, the expected road congestion in west London may make it difficult for cycle hire redistribution vehicles to collect and/or replace bicycles at locations in the affected area. Customers are advised to check cycle and space availability online using the live docking station MAP.
A large number of road closures will be put in place for the Carnival. Closure times will be from Sunday – Tuesday from 0700 to around 0500 each day. Road closures will be from Harrow Road in the north, Notting Hill Gate in the south, Clarendon Road in the west and Queensway in the east. Please be aware, traffic is likely to be slow moving in the area, including the A5 (Edgware Road), Harrow Road, Holland Park Avenue, Notting Hill Gate and Bayswater Road.
TAXI & PRIVATE HIRE
Taxi and private hire services will be operating normally, although they will be affected by the road closures in the area. Taxi ranks along the Carnival route will be suspended. Information about booking a taxi or private hire vehicle is available Here.